Friday, December 6, 2013

Reflections from our Speakers from The Kinkaid School


Sophia Ghauri
TEDxyouthDay was a great experience. It made me have a great fun new way to share my thoughts. It was terrifying, though, to do public speaking.  Another scary moment was when I had to share about my disability. In writing my speech, there were challenges, such as thinking of an idea. Rehearsing and revising the amount of time I needed was a challenge, but I learned how to balance my schedule accordingly. In the end, TEDx Youth Day was a once in a lifetime experience.



Sahar Punjwani
The atmosphere had cooled a lot. The speaker before me was finishing her talk. I was nervous, and my anxiety was getting worse. The emcees introduced me. I took a deep breath (it helped), and I went on stage. The experience was unlike anything I’ve ever been through—being able to speak to the world and spread what I am passionate about.  Truly, TEDx Youthday was an experience worth having.



Henry Durning
TEDX was a very exciting and interesting project. I think everyone should have a chance to do something like this. When I was writing my speech, I got really excited and into it. However, when I found myself on stage about to give my speech, I got really nervous. I thought I was going to mess up, but then when I started my speech, I just felt great. I felt some sort of happiness that I can’t explain in words. This experience has taught me about perseverance and social skills. I even made some new friends. Overall, TEDx was a very important and exciting experience in my life. 

______________________________________________________________

Thank you to our speakers from The Kinkaid School!

No comments:

Post a Comment